BBC Radio 4 has produced a programme featuring Al Jazeera journalist Sami al-Hajj who was arrested on the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan in 2001. It’s available on iPlayer for another six days and repeated on Radio 4 on Sunday (25/10).
“For more than six years he was held in the infamous Guantanamo Bay detention centre until, in 2008, he was suddenly released. In an exclusive interview, he talks to Gavin Esler about what happened to him, and why.”
- NYTimes.com: Interview with Guantanamo detainee and journalist Sami al-Hajj
- Al Jazeera cameraman Sami al-Hajj released
- AFP: Al Jazeera launching rights watchdog headed by Sami al-Haj
- Conference tweets: live from two international journalism events
- Ben Bradshaw: why the obsession with the Today programme?