SubHub, a system for niche magazine publishers and individual writers to charge for online access to their content, has received first-round venture funding.
According to paidContent:UK’s report, this brings the total investment in the company to $1.2 million since it was set up in 2004 ‘in between the original and current paid content trends’.
- The Bookseller: Supreme Court resurrects $18m settlement between publishers and freelancers
- paidContent: Decline in consumer magazine circulations slows
- Editors Weblog: Dutch government to finance 60 jobs for young journalists
- paidContent:UK: Shiny maintains 30 active blogs despite staff lay-off
- Beet.tv: Video news start up raises $1.5m in funding