The news is now a few days old, but Kristine Lowe’s blog post on the appointment of Davíd Oddsson – Iceland’s longest serving prime minister and former head of the Central Bank – as editor of daily paper Morgunbladid, is worth a read. Not least for her photograph showing how Icelandic protesters felt about Oddsson back in December.
Can we think of a hypothetical comparison for the UK? Mandelson to edit the Times?
Alistair Campbell to edit the New Statesman? (Ed: we said hypothetical…)
- AFP: WikiLeaks registers business in Iceland
- BBC News: Wikileaks and Icelandic MPs propose ‘haven’ for investigative journalism
- Press v politicians: can tabloids still take on the over-mighty?
- A new blog: ‘Angry people in local newspapers’
- MarcVallée: Guardian investigation into police surveillance of journalists