Norberto Miranda Madrid, a Mexican journalist, was shot dead in his newsroom on Wednesday night.
The AP reports, in a news piece about the identification of a new point man in the Mexican drug war, that at least five gunmen entered the newsroom in Nuevo Casas Grandes and killed the 54 year old journalist in front of his colleagues.
Norberto Miranda Madrid was director and wrote a crime and politics column at the news website Radio Vision Casas Grandes, said Chihuahua state attorney general’s spokesman, Vladimir Tuexi.
Miranda wrote several newspaper columns, worked as a correspondent for El Heraldo newspaper and for a radio station, reports the Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas.
- Radio 5 Live’s Big Mexican Wave digital project
- BBC and CPJ: Mexican journalist, wife and son shot dead
- Journalists in parts of Mexico advised to wear body armour and helmets
- Reuters: BBC radio and Radio Liberty banned in Kyrgyzstan
- I.P.I: Mexican authorities need to act immediately to ‘stem systematic killing of reporters’