The Sun has pinched quotes from Broadcast’s excellent interview with Piers Morgan, published yesterday. Despite ITV’s economic woes, the former Daily Mirror / News of the World editor turned media celebrity, doesn’t feel an ounce of remorse over the £2m deal – in fact, he’s looking to double it.
“Piers Morgan will not be accepting a pay cut when his two-year, £2m golden handcuffs deal with ITV comes to an end next May.
“I am looking to at least double it. I’ve got no problem if they take it away from somebody else who feels guilty about this type of thing, because I have absolutely no guilt issues about my salary whatsoever. I think I’m worth every penny.”
- The top 10 most-read stories on Journalism.co.uk, 17-23 December
- NYTimes.com: TriCityNews – a success without the web?
- What was that Boris? Carve up the licence fee?
- Daily Mirror publisher faces ‘three to four’ phone-hacking cases, says lawyer
- BBC ‘not expecting any disruption’ during World Service weekend strike