NowPublic, the international citizen journalism site launched by Canadian entrepreneur Leonard Brody in 2005, is to be sold to Examiner.com – the US network of local, city-based news sites.
Examiner.com is controlled by Clarity Media Group, according to paidContent.org, which also owns the San Fransisco Examiner and Washington DC Examiner.
The deal is reportedly worth $25 million.
- Washington Examiner appoints ex-Townhall.com managing editor Mary Katharine Ham
- Outsourcing newspaper interaction – on Topix
- ContentNext begins UK expansion with paidContent recruitment
- paidContent: The Norwegian media group and the highly unusual revenue stream
- Toronto star axes entire web production team