Twitter co-founder Biz Stone has said the company is starting to toll out commercial accounts for business users, who will pay for premium services such as more detailed analytics.
The aim is to help businesses who want to make more profit from the service.
Could such accounts give news organisations the Twitter edge? Any use of analytics would have to be carefully handled to maintain relations with followers.
- A guide to newspapers on Twitter
- Channel 4 news using Twitter for behind-the-scenes coverage
- Malcolm Coles: Rate of growth slows for newspaper Twitter accounts
- Malcolm Coles: Growth of newspaper Twitter accounts running out of steam
- Tool of the week for journalists – TwentyFeet, analytics for your site and social networks