The latest on the Independent News & Media financial negotiations, as reported by the Irish Times:
“Bondholders in Independent News & Media (IN&M) are negotiating with the company on the resolution of an overdue €200 million note on the basis that key investor Denis O’Brien will not sign up to current proposals.”
Last month, in an interview with the Irish Sunday Times, O’Brien said that it was possible IN&M might go into bankruptcy protection.
- MediaGuardian: O’Brien says that financial crisis could cause sale of Independent
- MediaGuardian: O’Brien calls for sale or closure of Independent and IoS
- CNN Money: Sun-Times Media files for Chapter 11
- FT.com: INM agrees financial restructuring
- TheAustralian: ‘Major gap’ in whistleblower legislation