Proponent of link journalism Publish2 has introduced a set of new features aimed at ‘curating the real-time web’ for newsgathering and news coverage.
Referring to recent coverage of the Iranian election protests and the growing use of tracking news on Twitter by monitoring hashtags, Publish2 now allows uses to aggregate, tag and repurpose Tweets as a widget or feed.
“Social Journalism has clear value for breaking news, to curate what’s already being shared on the real-time web,” writes founder Scott Karp.
- Win a job in journalism! Yes, really. A whole real job up for grabs…
- Update on Wired Journalists’ new look; Publish2 claims it now has 20 per cent of all journalists in the US
- Publishing 2.0: When a newspaper stops publishing in print, what happens to the advertising dollars?
- Karp on the theory behind the Publish2 contest
- Tool of the week for journalists – WhenToTweet