Scottish media news site allmediascotland.com is attempting to catalogue all professionals who have lost their jobs from Scottish newspapers as a result of the economic downturn, and is urging readers to collaborate with their project – so we’d thought we’d give it a shout out.
Whether you are staff journalists who has left your job or been made redundant from a Scottish newspaper; or a freelancer whose income has been affected by budget cuts, contact allmediascotland.com on info [at] allmediascotland.com by December 31 to let them know what position you used to occupy and what you are doing now.
- ‘A sad day for Scottish Journalism': job cuts at Herald&Times and BBC Scotland
- Allmediascotland : Twitter online newspaper launched by former chief-sub
- BNONews.com: NYTimes to cut 100 from newsroom
- Poor investment and low morale highlighted in NUJ letter to Johnston Press shareholders
- Sheffield Star axes five senior journalists