The Scottish Affairs Committee today released its ‘Crisis in the Scottish Press’ report.
“A shift of local authority job adverts from newspapers to a dedicated website run by the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities has been recognised by MPs as a threat to the viability of Scottish newspapers,” reports All Media Scotland.
“(…) [C]oncerns also extend to a possible move away of local authority public notices to the internet, despite not everyone having access to the internet.”
- allmediascotland: Scottish government drops plans to remove public notices from newspapers
- Scottish newspapers claw back advertising from council jobs site
- Sarah Hartley: Help investigate local authority news coverage
- Headlines and Deadlines: Public service reporting, court coverage and charging online
- MediaGuardian: MPs slam council newspapers as councillors defend freesheets