“(…) I had grown concerned about health problems I’ve experienced as I’ve tried to keep up with the demands of blogging about a company with 41,500 employees, and many more who have left,” writes Jim Hopkins, former USA Today editor and owner of Gannett Blog, which has been chronicling the fortunes of the newspaper group.
“In the past year, I have lost quite a bit of weight as I’ve neglected proper nutrition and exercise. I could have made better choices, to be sure. But I am a very competitive journalist. I wanted this to be the best newspaper blog possible, because I think the employees deserve that much.”
Hopkins will shutter the blog on July 10.
- Nieman Journalism Lab: How Gannett Blog works its niche
- Gannett Blogger turns attention to New York Times Company and News Corp
- Pharmalot: Pharmalot blogger closes site, leaves Star-Ledger
- First screenshots of Times Health Club community site
- Crisis-mapping platform Ushahidi launches new simple service