YouTube is offering news outlets featured in Google News the opportunity to become an official partner of the site – with an aim to increase video views on both YouTube and Google News.
According to a post on the Google News Blog, a partnership will offer the chance of prominent placement of a news organisation’s videos on YouTube’s news page; and, if the videos are embeddable, the opportunity to appear as a featured video on Google News.
- “Share revenue from relevant InVideo ads overlaid on your videos and banner ads running next to your videos to earn money
- Participate in co-marketing & branded entertainment opportunities with top brand advertisers.
- Utilize your own sales to sell your own ads.
Meanwhile, as reported by MediaWeek, Bauer and IPC Media have become two of the first magazine publishers to sell ads around their YouTube content on the site. They follow Channel 4, which struck a deal with the video-sharing site last month.
- YouTube grant programme – a step closer to Google as a publisher?
- Google launches measurement tool for YouTube videos
- News sites can remove YouTube logo for embedded video
- YouTube and Al Jazeera English create video archive of Iraq elections
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Editing video using YouTube