Not-for-profit start-up the MinnPost is experimenting with – to use Nieman’s words – ‘a new form of advertising that looks a little bit like print classifieds, a lot like Twitter, and nothing like traditional marketing on the internet’.
Real-Time Ads aggregates tweets, blog posts and other feeds from local businesses to produce a more timely message to readers.
- MinnPost moves ‘Real-Time’ ads out of beta
- Nieman Journalism Lab: MinnPost editor on new audience building strategy
- Beatblogging.org: Not-for-profit MinnPost news site raises $13,190 in micro-donations
- Nieman Journalism Lab: MinnPost and blog ‘micro-sponsorship’
- Civic Edition: Text message marketing for local newspapers