“Al Jazeera English will begin its foray into the American market on July 1 after signing its first major US distribution deal with a cable TV company in the Washington DC area,” Arabian Business exclusively reports.
According to AB’s report, Al Jazeera’s director general, Wadah Khanfar, said in an interview: “On July 1 we [AJE] are going to launch the first operation in cable distribution in the United States.”
(Hat tip: @amonck)
- Al Jazeera cameraman Sami al-Hajj released
- Washington Post: Al Jazeera saw the Arab revolutions coming, why didn’t the West?
- BuzzMachine: ‘Cable companies, add Al Jazeera English NOW!’
- #news2011: ‘Content is king, efficient delivery is King Kong’ and ‘experience is queen’
- Al Jazeera Arabic joins Livestation