The National Union of Journalists (NUJ) is to lodge a formal complaint with the Data Commissioner about a database of images of journalists compiled by the Metropolitan Police.
According to EPUK, the Met has failed to release details of the database and made contradictory claims about its existence and the body’s surveillance of journalists.
- Police attitude to the press will improve says Home Office
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to ask for data under FoI
- Gately’s partner makes PCC complaint over Jan Moir column
- NUJ Release: Suzanne Breen given ‘strong support’ by NUJ Exec Council
- MarcVallée: Guardian investigation into police surveillance of journalists