Social networks ‘help to shake up the relationship between the individual journalist and the people formerly known as the audience,’ comments Roland Legrand, in charge of internet and new media at Mediafin, the publisher of leading Belgian business newspapers De Tijd and L’Echo. Here he feeds back from a newsroom workshop on social media with ideas for how journalists can best use networks.
- Econsultancy: Survey – how journalists use social media
- American-Statesman: ‘Listening to the public as important as telling the story’
- Social Media Journalist: ‘Social networks are an echo chamber rather than a way of being exposed to anything new’ Adam Tinworth, RBI
- App of the week for journalists – Flud, an RSS and news reader
- Headlines and Deadlines: Journalist tweets being shot or why Twitter works