Interesting piece from last week: Jake Ellison, former designer, reporter and online producer for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, reflects on his decision to take redundancy when the title’s print edition ceased.
“I, like most bloggers and formerly employed journalists, am now writing for free, and that is not a sustainable social model for finding, investigating and sharing information about the powerful, the greedy and the downtrodden,” he writes.
- Outside.in: Aggregate, curate and network for a new model of news
- Paul Balcerak: Don’t just ask for news material via social media – offer help
- Poligraft: the transparency tool set to make investigative journalism easier
- Our man on planet earth: ‘A paper that might have a future’
- New study catalogues most promising online news start-ups