Sky News sourced live questions via its website for Saturday’s (May 16) television debate with the Guardian associate editor, Michael White, and the former independent MP for Tatton, Martin Bell.
Questions were posted on the Sky News website and the feature could be watched live via video streaming or on the news channel.
Speaking ahead of the event, Phil Wardman, head of Sky News Online, said: “It’s a great way of harnessing a huge response from web-users. Hosting a simultaneous live debate online and on TV encourages viewer interactivity and gives them a forum to have their questions discussed.”
Replay the Cover It Live chat at this link, and the video is embedded below:
- Event: Reuters hosts social media Q&A with Lib Dem’s Nick Clegg – take part!
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to quote sources responsibly
- Innovations in Journalism – live streaming video from mobiles developed by Qik
- Round-up: London Mayor candidates get web-savvy
- Channel 4 News to liveblog terror debate