Freshmen admitted into the School of Journalism and pre-journalism students are being advised to purchase an iPod Touch or iPhone to aid their studies at the Missouri School of Journalism, the Columbia Missourian reports.
The requirement will not be enforced, however, and there will not be a penalty for students who choose not to buy the items, the associate dean of the school told the reporter.
- NYMag.com: ‘Columbia J-School’s existential crisis’
- Advancing The Story: Why Missouri J-School is asking students to have iPhones
- Daily Finance: Some journalism graduates are finding journalism jobs
- NYT: News sites reconsider allowing anonymous comments
- Columbia Journalism School report proposes tax changes to boost US journalism