Roy Greenslade challenges several points made by Daily Express editor Peter Hill at Tuesday’s Commons select committee meeting on press standards, privacy and libel.
The committee did not push Hill hard enough on the ethical issues surrounding his paper’s coverage of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance, writes Greenslade.
- BBC Two Daily Politics – Greenslade and Meyer on regulation
- Guardian was wrong to buy Madeleine McCann keywords on Google
- MediaGuardian: Commons committee hears from Mosley and McCann
- Press Gazette: Express editor Hill leaves PCC after McCann libel payout
- Express and Daily Star newspapers’ online apology to Madeleine McCann’s parents – comments turned off