Money for the project – ‘West Virginia Uncovered: Multimedia Journalism from the Mountains’ – comes from the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation, which was set up to encourage human development in West Virginia and Southwestern Pennsylvania by ‘helping people to help themselves’.
Will be interesting to see if this – and other collaborative, knowledge sharing partnerships, such as the citizen journalism training set up by the Oakland Press – benefit the local news industry.
- Washington Post partners with US university to offer journalism scholarship to programmers
- SoE08: Younger voices at the Society of Editors conference
- Guardian Local on Twitter; wants to talk to local bloggers
- RCFP: Subpoena to blogger demands identities of readers
- Advancing The Story: On pooling news video