Andy Burnham’s proposals for partnerships between the local press and the BBC won’t save regional newspapers, argues Justin Williams.
“How would allowing Google News to classify this stuff as duplicate content help? And how exactly would reproducing a few semi-local videos from the Beeb boost the uniques at borcestshirebilge.co.uk?” he asks.
- BBC could share more technology with S4C/Trinity Mirror in Wales, says Trust chairman
- Lost Remote: Opportunities for local TV sites to outshine newspapers
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – understanding website analytics
- Journalism 2.0: ‘Patience is a virtue when building a local audience’
- SoE08: What next for local media?