Independent news site for Staffordshire (featured in this Journalism.co.u interview with founder Matthew Taylor) has merged with neighbouring local news site Pits ‘n’ Pots to offer more multimedia coverage.
“The Radical Press following has been growing and growing, but running things alone meant that my time was stretched and expanding the site was difficult,” Taylor, who set up RP in April last year, told Journalism.co.uk
“But with the combination of skills we now have through the amalgamation – the broadcast, photography and technical abilities of the other partners, tied with my print journalism – we have a real opportunity now to create a genuine alternative news site for Stoke-on-Trent.
“The nature of the platform we have now also allows readers to make comments, which means that it is also a forum for debate.”
The new site aims to attract around 3,000 unique visitors per day generating around 10,000 page views, according to a release.
- Mike Rawlins on how Pits n Pots offers ‘a proper good pub discussion’ around politics online
- Mashable: Facebook brings its Comments plugin to outside publishers
- Media release: Students produce one-off newspaper
- Accessibility 2.0: The Daily Mail
- Linguistics student’s live blog of march against spending cuts