Following his piece on the regional press on MediaGuardian.co.uk, Jon Slattery has published a series of full interviews with industry representatives from the UK’s regional press.
Speaking about the impact of job losses on journalists, an ex-editor says:
“There’s simply nothing out there. Six weeks ago they were an editor, a man of significant substance in their community; today they’re signing on.”
- Regional Press Awards add new category for best editor
- Jon Slattery: Corrections of corrections of corrections
- #jpod: How Apple’s Newsstand is revolutionising the publishing industry
- Nieman Journalism Lab: MinnPost editor on new audience building strategy
- Jon Slattery: Tower Hamlets scraps press table but fights to save East End Life paper