From Mark Josephson on the Outside.In blog: an outline of three pillars for a new model of news: ‘aggregate, curate and network’.
“We think there’s an opportunity for a virtuous circle where publishers connect with local bloggers and content to bring hyperlocal content and ad impressions to the publisher and traffic and revenue to the bloggers. Make no mistake, if a new model is going to be successful it needs to be a two-way street,” he writes.
- Next Generation Journalist: how to make hyperlocal work
- Jeff Jarvis: ‘Journalism has a model built on entitlement and emotion, not economics’
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – advice on better blogging
- Our man on planet earth: ‘A paper that might have a future’
- Forbes.com: Circulation revenue is more stable than paywalls, says Scripps senior VP