In January Rising Voices, part of GlobalVoices, received over 270 proposals from activists, bloggers, and NGOs: ‘all wanting to use citizen media tools to bring new communities – long ignored by both traditional and new media – to the conversational web,’ writes David Sasaki.
“It was, by far, the highest number of proposals Rising Voices has ever received in its two-year history of supporting citizen media training projects.”
Five were chosen as ‘most representative of the innovation, purpose and goodwill that Rising Voices aims to support’: Abidjan Blog Camps; Ceasefire Liberia; Real Experience of the Digital Era (China); Nomad Green (Mongolia); Empowerment of Women Activists in Media Techniques (Yemen).
- #gv2010: Follow the Global Voices Citizen Media Summit 2010
- Bambuser offers free premium accounts to citizen journalists
- Blogging for a cause leads to first prize for Global Voices in Zemanta competition
- GlobalVoicesOnline: ‘DigiActive’ guide to Twitter for activism
- Press Gazette: Mapping web censorship