Not everyone is shouting from the rooftops about the Guardian’s release of content through an API, but on the whole the blog posts have been positive about the Open Platform launch:
- Matthew Ingram is excited over at NiemanJournalismLab: ‘The Guardian Ups the Ante on the APIs’
- as is Shafqat Islam of NewsCred: ‘The Guardian launches Open Platform: Why This is Really Big’
- Jeff Jarvis shares his thoughts here: ‘APIs: The new distribution’
- Dave Winer’s not so optimistic about it: ‘Folks this is, in no way, open’
- and Tim Burden was raising his concerns on Twitter yesterday.
Any other good posts or thoughts you’ve spotted?
- Charles Arthur: There’s room for both the Davids and the Goliaths
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – ideas for using open APIs
- CUNY New Business Models for News, as seen in Aspen
- BuzzMachine: ‘The importance of provenance’
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – eight APIs for news outlets to consider