The Institute for Interactive Journalism and the McCormick Foundation will fund three women-led projects ‘that will rock the world of journalism’ in the McCormick New Media Women Entrepreneurs program.
“We will fund individuals who have original ideas to create new websites, mobile news services or other entrepreneurial initiatives that offer interactive opportunities to engage, inspire and improve news and information in a geographic community or a community of interest.”
- Preston hyperlocal site bids for funding for 2012 community project
- YouTube and National Geographic launch video competition
- Democracy site MySociety to receive $575,000 from US investment firm
- Fast Company: Google’s journalism prize and the 5 groups who should win it
- #Podcast – Engaged storytelling: Top tips on building interactives for local and national media