BreakingNewsOn (BNO) – the Twitter-based news alert service – has triumphed at the Shorty awards by winning the best news category.
The awards – held in New York yesterday – celebrated the best producers of short content on the microblogging site.
There were 25 other categories up for grabs, including best weird, best social media and best personal content.
In true Twitter style, the winners’ acceptance speeches were limited to 140 characters.
BNO has been providing news coverage since May 2007 and at time of writing has more than 24,000 followers.
- 2012 Online Journalism Awards now open for entries
- NYTimes.com and BBC scoop prizes at Webby awards
- Knight News Challenge 2012 ‘networks’ winners to be announced later today #newschallenge #civicmedia
- PTC calls for entries to New Journalist of the Year Awards 2009
- NCTJ and PTC shortlists for new journalist awards released