Media and news organisations should look at building content management systems that do more than just creating webpages, says National Public Radio’s (NPR) Daniel Jacobson.
“In building our CMS at NPR, our goal was to make sure the tool could publish to anything, including NPR.org. If our focus did not consider other platforms, we could have ended up with a web publishing system that binds the content too closely to the website itself.”
- CSM and CMS: Christian Science Monitor readies technology for web-only move
- ‘Apptop publishing’ technology targets bloggers and independents
- Newsandtech.com: San Diego Union-Tribune finally abandons manual pagination
- Online Journalism Scandinavia: Mecom’s Danish arm will cut costs with open-source CMS
- AP: NYTimes to reboot online access fees?