They say the first few weeks after Christmas are the most depressing days of the entire year. So as you sit hunched over your keyboard nursing a steaming mug of mud-like coffee, you might welcome the odd spot of workplace banter.
It does exactly what it says on the tin, bringing interesting and humorous comments made by newsroom colleagues direct to your desktop. Stunners like number 70: “Sure wish we knew what the hell we’re talking about” are sure to resound with every demotivated reporter in a mid-Monday slump.
- The Jobless Journalist: Week four – Are subbing and reporting roles merging into one?
- Press Gazette: BBC News opens multi-platform newsroom
- Eighty newsroom jobs to go at Chicago Tribune
- Advertising Age: San Francisco Chronicle on using Demand Media content
- Advancing The Story: The role of the ombudsman in a cash-strapped newsroom