The National Union of Journalists reports that the New Statesman is refusing to enter negotiations with the union:
“The union wrote to the company in May last year asking for a voluntary recognition agreement to cover pay and working conditions.
“But journalists on the magazine – who are almost all NUJ members – have been told by their boss that the company won’t play ball.”
- Early Day Motion support for New Statesman negotiations not really needed
- NUJ Release: Guardian must consult NUJ over pay freeze
- NUJ Releases: New Statesman to discuss recognition / Irish NUJ urges Indy News&Media staff to resist wage cuts
- Newsquest York journalists seal pay deal
- NUJ Release: Union urges MPs to help journalists refuse unethical work