Google CEO Eric Schmidt ‘professes a passionate desire to lend a hand [to newspapers],’ reports Fortune magazine. In an interview with Fortune’s Adam Lashinsky, Schmidt ‘shares some thoughts on how newspapers might yet survive – and how Google might help’. Full story...
- FTM: Google’s Eric Schmidt leaves newspaper conference ‘unscathed’
- Editors Weblog: Google CEO on telling people what to do
- Reuters: Google CEO raises doubts about Murdoch’s online pay walls
- Eric Schmidt – Google resistance to ACAP based on technology
- Kevin Kelleher: ‘Does Google even understand what news is?’