Dan Kennedy on how the dispute over online linking between New York Times and GateHouse Media could determine online journalism’s future. “What makes this battle especially dangerous is that the Times and GateHouse are struggling not just for advantage, but for their very survival.”
- NYTimes release: New York Times and GateHouse settle out of court in linking case
- Boston Herald: Gatehouse to sue New York Times Co over Boston.com
- Times Online: Reporter ejected from BNP meeting
- Nieman Journalism Lab: Are news organisations thinking about linking?
- NYTimes.com: Ideas for beleaguered newspapers