The channel, which joins a host of other Arabic-language content on the service, is ‘an important addition’, Matteo Berlucchi, Livestation CEO, said in a press release.
“Recent feedback from our users confirms a strong demand for Arabic news channels. We are also looking forward to working closely with Al Jazeera Arabic to utilise our interactive tools,” he said in the release.
Phil Lawrie, director of global distribution at Al Jazeera Network, said the deal would bring Al Jazeera content to millions of broadband users.
- A week of innovation from Al Jazeera ends with launch of mobile sites
- ITN to provide archive video footage for Al Jazeera
- Nadim Hasbani: Arab audiences are not watching western-owned news stations
- Al Jazeera cameraman Sami al-Hajj released
- Committee to Protect Journalists: Bahrain government freezes Al Jazeera operations ‘indefinitely’