Herald Group’s National Union of Journalists (NUJ) reps have hired employment lawyers following claims that staff could lose redundancy benefits if they do not either volunteer for redundancy or reapply for a position.
Last month publishers Newquest told 250 journalists and production staff they must reapply for 30-40 fewer jobs or face redundancy in 90 days.
- allmediascotland: Voluntary redundancies put on hold at Herald
- MediaGuardian: NUJ to cut four staff to save £500,000
- MediaGuardian: Trinity Mirror announces redundancies for all 300 editorial staff in Midlands
- NUJ members ballot for strike at north-east Newsquest titles
- Brighton Argus: Twitter account and strike blog boost picket line protests