A report from ContentNext suggests news websites, from independents to newspapers, can turn a profit if they generate more than 200 million monthly page views.
According to the research, a site such as NYTimes.com would need to record 1.3 billion page views a month – this could lead to $300 million in quarterly ad revenues.
- MarketWatch.com: Page views for reporters don’t cover costs
- Gawker to pay bloggers based on page views they generate
- LA Times breaks web traffic record with 127m page views
- NYTimes.com most visited newspaper site in US last month
- paidContent.org (via Washington Post): Online newspaper revenues fall 2.9 per cent at end of 2008 – drop predicted for 2009