Liu Jianchao, a spokesman for China’s Foreign Ministry, has said that the Chinese government had a right to censor web sites that violated the country’s laws, reports the New York Times.
- Voice of America: China’s Foreign Ministry questioned on Al Jazeera journalist visa issue
- NYT: Western journalists tracked and detained in China
- World Association of Newspapers calls for press freedom in China
- Committee to Protect Journalists: Bahrain government freezes Al Jazeera operations ‘indefinitely’
- Moscow Times: Harding’s chilling effect