Originally featured on JP Digital Digest, the slideshow below explores the use of social bookmarking tools by UK newspapers.
Louise Thomas, research assistant at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN), looked at 34 national and regional UK newspaper sites and found that delicious and digg came out on top as the most frequently included social bookmarking buttons on articles.
Thomas’ research suggests there are significant differences in the use of share buttons by national and regional titles:
- Delicious users have until July to transfer to new owners
- Media release: StumbleUpon is most important content sharing site for Mail Online
- How important are ‘tweet’ and ‘like’ buttons to news publishers?
- Bitly launches ‘bitmark’ social bookmarking service
- RMRF: Regional Media Research Forum in new web launch