The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is helping to fund better coverage of world health issues by news outlets.
The foundation has made a series of million-dollar grants to organisations including WGBH in Boston, Public Radio International and the International Center for Journalists.
- Non-profit investigative journalism centres around the world: a list
- European Journalism Centre to offer grants for innovative development reporting
- US journalism groups join forces on global health reporting
- Knight News Challenge names community news project as winner
- Google donates $2m to Wikimedia Foundation