RSF reports that two Egyptian bloggers who are being held at secret locations: Reda Abderrahman Ali, an employee of the al-Azhar Islamic Institute, was arrested at his home on October 27, and a second blogger, Mohammed Adel, a sympathiser with Palestinian Islamist party Hamas, was arrested on November 20. Family appeals for information have not yet been answered.
- Internews: Journalists in the Middle East meet to discuss blogging and social media
- BBC Arabic Service: Blogger and journalist tweet from Egyptian custody
- RSF: Well-known Chinese blogger is arrested on charge of ‘inciting subversion’
- IFJ: Palestinian media body to establish independent press council
- Reuters: Former BNP man fined for leaking members list