The Guardian’s Media Monkey reports at least one official vacancy in the wake of the Brand/Ross saga: ‘Compliance editor, Radio 2 and 6 Music’. This is to replace Dave Barber, who resigned after finding Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross’s prank calls ‘very funny’. “Applications from more senior grades will be actively considered and the renumeration package will reflect this,” Media Money reports.
- BBC Editors Blog: Younger audiences support Ross and Brand
- Media Release: BBC opens up editorial guidelines to public
- Risky business: BBC must take risks, says Lyons, but creates ‘high risk’ programme register
- Comment: The rise of ‘smart’ or ‘not so smart’ internet mobs and their pressure on the media
- British Press Award winners 2009