Staff cuts at Time Europe are part of a bigger plan ‘to consolidate the international editions of Time so that they will be primarily edited out of New York,’ MediaBistro reports.
“When it’s over, the various overseas editions of Time will be edited largely out of New York, and to a lesser extent, out of Hong Kong, insiders said.”
- Time Out launches Kuala Lumpur site, Hong Kong launch imminent
- South China Morning Post (via Editors Weblog): Hong Kong business papers launch paid-for websites
- #news2011: Hong Kong chief executive calls on media to ‘take advantage of what we have to offer’
- Mediabistro: Newseum makes second round of job cuts
- Mediabistro: The best/worst selling magazine covers of 2010