Former head of mobile strategy for News International (NI), Andrew Bagguley has been hired as a consultant for Guardian News&Media (GNM), as the title begins its move into the mobile market.
After two years at NI Bagguley has just started at GNM, a spokeswoman for the group confirmed to Journalism.co.uk.
“We want to benefit from his experience launching mobile for News International so he’ll be working closely with our in house teams to formulate our plans,” she said.
GNM currently offers news alerts via text message and a version of Guardian.co.uk for PDA, SmartPhone and BlackBerry devices.
- Guardian mobile; Daily Mail targets US audience on Kindle
- Twitter starts to roll out new site for mobile browsers
- #AOPsummit: ‘Big launch’ in responsive design next week for BBC News
- WSJ confirms paid-for access to news on mobile
- Readers can alert Telegraph to breaking stories with new version of iPhone app