The Tribune Company has given notice to the Associated Press that the group’s nine daily US newspapers intend to drop the AP news service – it is the first major newspaper chain to do so since the AP announced plans for new rates.
- NUJ chapel demands ‘end to the insecurity and uncertainty’ at Express newspaper titles
- Editorial job losses at Express Newspapers reduced from 70 following union talks
- BreakingNewsOn launches iPhone ‘push’ alerts
- Pagemasters editorial outsourcing spreads to the US and Canada
- IFNC update: CN Group, STV, ITN and Bauer in race for news consortia pilots