In an interview with Beet TV, the senior VP, for online content and development at National Geographic, Rob Covey, said that user generated content plays a central role in the publication’s multimedia coverage.
- Users can share their videos on the user-generated video hub Everyday Explorers, which was recently released in beta, and built with online community builder KickApps.
- User can upload photos to the ‘My Shot, Your Shot’ photo-sharing community and share music on the World Music Hub
- More interactive elements are in the pipeline …
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – five photo types for audio slideshows
- Radio 5 Live’s Big Mexican Wave digital project
- Innovations in Journalism – one-click image uploading from Skitch.com
- Twitter photo sharing service Zuu.li to pay citizen photographers
- Nuts launches social networking channel – MyNuts