Media safety organisation, INSI, went live with its website yesterday – www.newsafety.org - with an all new look. It has actually had a complete change of identity too: INSI is now an org, not a co.
INSI first emerged five years ago, as the result of the concern at the growing global rate of casualties of journalists and their support staff.
With specialised news and features focusing on risk awareness, safety, health and training, they aim to provide advice and support for those reporting from areas of conflict, crime and corruption, natural disasters and disease.
The new website look is designed to make their resources easier to access by journalists around the world, with better video and audio.
INSI’s very keen to welcome feedback and suggestions for improvement: find their various contacts here.
- Safety training places for would-be foreign correspondents up for grabs
- Reuters marks five years of reporting the war in Iraq with multimedia documentary
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – safety advice from women journalists on the frontline
- Reporting for an ideal: IDL-Reporteros, investigative journalism in Peru
- Live streaming from Norwegian journalism event