Footage of a penguin at Edinburgh Zoo receiving a knighthood from the Norwegian army has helped push Deadline Press & Picture Agency‘s YouTube channel into the top 100 most viewed on the site.
The Deadline News TV channel was rated 97th most viewed in the UK this week thanks, in part, to the clip, which has at time of writing attracted 29,654 views.
The success of the agency’s video offering, which was launched in May, has been echoed by the growth of its recently established blog, which acts as a portfolio for the agency’s work.
The blog recently made it into WordPress’ top 100 fastest growing blogs, amassing 21,743 page impressions across 117 posts by August 6.
“We’ve been getting consistent hits to Deadline News TV since it was launched and what’s clear is that the audience keeps growing,” said Scott Douglas, Deadline founder, in a press release.
“We might be relatively new to the online arena, but it seems we are doing something right and we will continue to develop that further.”
- Press agency Deadline reaps online rewards
- Deadline appoints former Scotland on Sunday news editor as chief reporter
- Journalism.co.uk signs up Press Association as event partner
- Deadline reporter cleared of interview impersonation charge
- Wires in a twist – why you should always check your news agency feeds