Robert Samuels, director of mobile products, mobile web, messaging, games and alternative platforms at The New York Times, is predicting a move from traffic from high-end devices to mass consumption of mobile news sites.
The Times will target local consumers, with restaurant and weather listings, and make the most of text message alerts directing people to its mobile site.
- Editors Weblog: US newspaper and TV websites launch Craigslist-rival boocoo
- Andrew Bagguley hired as consultant for Guardian mobile drive
- Hello magazine launches mobile alert service
- NBC and Outside.in match EveryBlock and NYTimes partnership
- Scottish newspapers claw back advertising from council jobs site